Moving passkeys between logins?

Options
Sorrel
Sorrel
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I created some passkeys and stored them in a login, but it wasn't my main one for that company. I would like to move the passkey to the main login record I have in 1Password, but it doesn't seem to be possible.

What are my options to get it in the correct record?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Sorrel
    Sorrel
    Community Member
    Options

No, I got a passkey set up, but it is in the wrong account: i.e. the wrong Google 1password login record. Is the only solution to move to delete it and create a new one in the right 1password login record?

• Hi @Sorrel - apologies for the mix up there, I've deleted my previous reply to avoid further confusion in the thread.

It's not possible to move a passkey from one Login item to the other. If you've saved a passkey in the wrong place, you can delete the passkey and save a new one:

1. Sign in to your Google account.
    2. Delete the passkey from your Google account settings.
    3. Create a new passkey in your Google account settings and update the correct Login item in 1Password when prompted.
    4. Edit the Login that contains the unwanted passkey in 1Password and delete the passkey field.

Let me know you how you get on with the above. 🙂

• Sorrel
    Sorrel
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks - I will be more careful in future and start trying to remove all the duplicate logins from my account!

• @Sorrel

Sounds like a plan! Let us know if you run into any other issues. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.