Settings window scrolls to the top forcibly, if page is larger than window size

Options

I go to Settings→Security and want to change the setting for "hold ctrl-alt to toggle revealed fields". To reach this setting, I need to scroll to the bottom, because for my setup, this settings page is larger than the settings window.

Issue: Whenever I toggle that check, the window scrolls to the top forcibly and immediately.
Expected: I expect no scroll reset and the setting is still visible after changing it.

Another issue: This setting "hold ctrl-alt to toggle revealed fields" doesn't work after app restart. It only works immediately after changing it, but after an app restart the setting is still the same, but the keys don't work any more.

3rd issue connected with this: this toggle setting never works for passwords in the password history. Only for the live password of an item.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.12 (81012015) nightly
Extension Version: 2.14.12
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @Tertius3! 👋

Thank you for reporting the bugs. Our developers already have internal issues filed for all three of the behaviours that you've mentioned. Hopefully fixes can be released in future updates soon.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that the issues are causing.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23168
    ref: dev/core/core#22935
    ref: dev/core/core#11875

• @Tertius3

1Password version 8.10.16 now includes a fix for the issue that could prevent the “Hold key to toggle revealed fields” option from working properly after 1Password was closed and reopened.

You can find instructions on how to update here: How to keep 1Password up to date

Thank you again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.