Chromium and 1Password app integration

Options
BlueBull
BlueBull
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello

Could support for integration of the 1Password app and the regular Chromium browser please be added to 1Password? In the past I've used Brave browser but the problem, unrelated to 1Password, is that Brave doesn't support the HEVC codec and Chrome/Chromium does. So, hence my choice for Chromium. And as Chromium isn't some unknown, obscure browser and likely lots of people use it, it seems logical to me to add support for integration of it to 1Password, no?

Let me know what you think

Cheers!

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.14 (81014002)
Extension Version: 1Password in the browser 2.14.2 21400201, on BETA
OS Version: Windows 11 build 23H2
Browser: Chromium for Windows

Comments

• BlueBull
    BlueBull
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Oh, nice, I didn't know that was (or will be) possible. That is (or would be) a great feature. That said, I am on the nightly build for both the app and the extension, but I do not have that option available. Judging from that fact and from what is written in the thread you linked to, I assume that it's not yet available for Windows? Or am I overlooking something?

This is what I see in that section of the app settings

[edit]
    I know I wrote that I was on the beta build for the browser extension and on the regular build for the app, however to check if Chromium was compatible in future versions, I have since switched to the nightly builds for both

• Hey @BlueBull,

The extended support is currently only available on Mac devices. We hope to bring this to Windows in a future update.

• BlueBull
    BlueBull
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, as I suspected, thanks for confirming. I suspect this will not be the case but do you by any chance have a rough timeline for when this feature should make its way to the Windows client? I know this is an annoying question, just asking on the off chance I get a positive answer

• Hey @BlueBull,

I'm sorry for the delay, I know this isn't the answer you are after but I'm afraid I can't give a timeframe on this one yet.

Thank you for your patience!

• BlueBull
    BlueBull
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Alright, understood. I had expected this answer so no worries, I know how difficult questions like that can be to answer. Let's just say I know from professional experience :-) It's only a minor gripe anyway, just one additional time I have to input my password. I'm already very pleased it's in the development pipeline. Looking forward to the feature being rolled out to nightly. Also very pleased with the fact that 1password actually responds to such random user queries. From experience I know that that is the exception rather than the rule, so thanks for taking the time to feed back

• You're most welcome @BlueBull, thank you for your understanding!

This discussion has been closed.