icon is broken

Options
titans
titans
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Windows

hi!
If you select a registered item, the customized icon may be broken.
Please confirm.

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 11
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @titans! 👋

I'm sorry that an icon isn't rendering correctly on your device. Can you post a larger screenshot that isn't cropped so that I can better understand the situation? Is that a custom icon for an item in 1Password? Do you have any steps that I can follow to reproduce the same issue?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• titans
    titans
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

There is an issue with broken images on items in the category.

When you select an item in a category, the image you specified will be broken.

• Hello @Titans,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay.

You mentioned:

When you select an item in a category, the image you specified will be broken.

Does this it happen with icons no matter which category you select? Does the icon image do this every time you select an item, in any category? Please let us know.

• titans
    titans
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

If a user icon is specified for any item, it will occur randomly.
    Rather than performing a specific task, the image is broken and then restored just by making a selection.

• Hello again @titans,

Thank you for the update. To confirm, this can happen with any custom icon you've added to 1Password items and this does occur with default icons where you've not added a custom icon?

I've done some basic testing after adding a custom icon to a few items, but I've been unable to reproduce this behaviour.

Rather than performing a specific task, the image is broken and then restored just by making a selection.

Could you also confirm that you are finding that some icons are not automatically rendering correctly as you scroll through a category, but selecting the item restores it?

Out of curiosity, if Hardware Acceleration is enabled in 1Password for Windows, does disabling it help with icon rendering troubles? You can find this option in Settings > Advanced > Use Hardware Acceleration.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

• titans
    titans
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_mike_d
    The breakage only occurs for customized icons.
    And when you scroll off the screen, it returns to the original icon.
    I additionally disabled the use of hardware acceleration, and the symptom does not occur.

• Hi @titans,

Thanks for letting me know that disabling hardware acceleration helped to resolve this behaviour with custom icons.

This maybe related to the GPU drivers that you currently have installed.
    1. Did you notice these troubles after a recent driver update?
    2. If so, could you check that you are using the latest drivers and restart your device?
    3. Finally, reenable hardware acceleration in 1Password.

If you starting seeing these custom icons breaking again, I would suggest keeping hardware acceleration disabled, but let us know so we can pass your report along to the development team.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

• titans
    titans
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ad_mike_d,
    As you said, I updated the graphics driver to the latest version and rebooted, but the same symptom occurs.
    If you turn off Use Hardware Acceleration, the icon will not change.

• Hello again @titans,

Thanks for letting me know that updating your drivers did not help here.

Next, could you let us know what GPU you are using? I can't make any promises, but I'd like to pass these details along to the team.

On Windows devices, the potential for many different combinations of hardware can cause issues. Please continue to leave this setting disabled to help with the situation with the custom icons.

I'd also recommend ensuring you keep Windows, GPU drivers, and 1Password updated so that you are always receiving the latest fixes as they are released. You can keep 1Password up-to-date and watch 1Password Releases for the latest news about updates and fixes.

Have a great day!

• titans
    titans
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_mike_d
    The GPU I am using is NVIDIA Quadro M5000M.

• Thanks, @titans - I've filed this report and passed the details along to the team.

ref: dev/core/core#24152

This discussion has been closed.