Adding Wavebox as a trusted browser

Options
alanhoyle
alanhoyle
Community Member

I'm currently on Wavebox (Version 10.117.10.2 stable, Chromium 117.0.5938.62), 1Password for Mac 8.10.16 (81016043), 1Password in the browser 2.15.1 21500104, on BETA channel all on macOS 13.5.2.

For the past month or so, whenever I've brought up 1pw, the password prompt has had this warning:

This behavior has persisted across multiple versions of Wavebox, 1Password, the extension, and macOS.

1Password Version: 8.10.16 (81016043)
Extension Version: 2.15.1 21500104 BETA
OS Version: macOS 13.5.2
Browser: Wavebox 10.117.10.2 stable, Chromium 117.0.5938.62

Comments

• Thomas8520
    Thomas8520
    Community Member
    Options

Version 8.10.6 has just released support for adding custom browsers and so far it's been working well with Wavebox. We've updated the instructions on the Wavebox Knowledge Base https://wavebox.io/kb/1password-extension/

• Hi @alanhoyle,

If you continue to run into this even after updating and restarting your browser, I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member
    Options

I selected "Enable custom browser support" and have restarted both 1PW and Wavebox, and still get the same error. console log email en route.

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member
    Options

The Support ID is [#FWM-44821-896]

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member
    Options

I got an email reply from support , and their suggestion seems to be working:

1. Quit Wavebox (or other alternate browser)
    2. Go to the 1Password::Settings...::Labs
    3. Turn on "Enable custom browser support"
    4. Go to the "Browser" tab and add Wavebox as a Trusted Browser
    5. Run Wavebox and the 1password extension now works as expected.
  • alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member
    Options

I'd apparently missed the "step 4" in the documentation that @Thomas8520 linked above.

• Thomas8520
    Thomas8520
    Community Member
    Options

@alanhoyle I did the same the first time. I was expecting a popup or something, it wasn't immediately obvious I had to go somewhere else in settings

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, @steph.giles this should be documented on the Labs page when the feature gets turned on. It's not obvious that you have to actually register the browsers as a separate step.

This discussion has been closed.