Is it safe to use 1Password nowadays on macOS Mojave?

Options
herodes
herodes
Community Member

MacOS Mojave is the newest version I can run. My computer is so old. I have installed newest updates to Mojave and 1Password. I use Safari extension. Is it still safe to use 1Password on MacOS Mojave? What about the next year 2024?

I would appreciate the knowledge and thoughts regarding this matter.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.6.8
Browser: Safar

Comments

• Hello @herodes! 👋

Thank you for the question! The honest answer is that I can only recommend running the latest versions of both MacOS and 1Password. Older versions of any software don't receive the latest security updates and as a security company 1Password always recommends being up to date with the latest patches and updates available.

macOS Mojave is no longer supported by Apple. It looks like MacOS Mojave's most recent version is 10.14.6 and it last received an update in 2021. That means that two years of bug fixes and security mitigations are missing from your Mac which can put you at risk.

The same is true for 1Password for Mac. I recommend running the latest version at all times since this is the version that has the latest security updates and bug fixes. I hope that helps.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.