Secure note vanished

Options
DaveRI
DaveRI
Community Member

I was on my Mac (Ventura 13.5.2 (22G91)). I opened the app and saw a secure note named "0Dave" which I wanted to edit. I highlighted the text to edit in the view panel (I had NOT yet clicked on the edit function) and typed the number "4"... the secure note vanished. It is no longer listed in thy private or family vault (or "all vaults") and I've tried looking via the Web and Safari add in... it's gone from there too. It is not in "recently deleted" and Edit/undo does nothing. So I'm assuming that it somehow hidden. Any ideas of what I can try?

1Password Version: 8.10.16 (81016047)
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: 13.5.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @DaveRI! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble finding an item. You wrote:

I highlighted the text to edit in the view panel (I had NOT yet clicked on the edit function) and typed the number "4"... the secure note vanished.

It sounds to me like you might have accidentally used a keyboard shortcut to switch between accounts/collections. By pressing the Command key along with a number 1Password will switch to another account/collection. Collections are groups of vaults so it's possible that you're currently viewing a collection that doesn't contain the vault that your Secure Note is located in. Try this:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password for Mac app.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and select your account, not a collection.

Then, click All Items, do you see your Secure Note? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• DaveRI
    DaveRI
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply... I tried your instructions ... as far as I can tell I only have one "collection" and it was already selected... but I did so again... and got the screenshot... the vanished secure note has remained vanished thought... any other thoughts?

• @DaveRI

I'm sorry that the suggestion didn't help. Can you try the following:

1. Click All Items in the sidebar, then click the Sort button at the top of the list and click "Date Modified" and "Most Recent". Do you see any Secure Notes that match the contents of the missing item?
    2. In the sidebar, click Archive. Do you see the Secure Note here?
    3. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app), click All Vaults, and then click View Recently Deleted in the sidebar. Do you see the Secure Note here?

If you still can't locate the Secure Note then was it saved to a shared vault or to your private vault? If it was saved in a shared vault then can you check with your family members to see if one of them might have deleted or edited the Secure Note?

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.