Updating of changed passwords problem

Options
jdananberg
jdananberg
Community Member

Was on several websites on which I was updating my password. 1P did a good job of generating new passwords which I was able to copy and fill easily. But when the website inevitably asks me to re-sign in, the iOS 1P software still has the OLD password available. If I quit 1P and restart, lo and behold, the new password now appears. There appears to be a syncing issue with parsing the old password to history and updating the available record in software even though the new password has been saved online. Any one else with this issue? Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 17.0.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @jdananberg! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not seeing the same updated password on all of your devices. So that I can try to reproduce the issue here on my end can you tell me how you're updating the password? Are you using 1Password on your iPhone or 1Password on another device? Are you updating the password using the main app or by allowing the extension to suggest a new password right on the page?

When filling the password into a website on your iPhone are you using 1Password for Safari or iOS AutoFill? Descriptions of both are here:

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#12205

This discussion has been closed.