Is it okay to use Safari keychain with 1P?

Options
jcminnesota
jcminnesota
Community Member
edited September 2023 in iOS

Is it okay to use Safari keychain with 1P? If no why not? If yes any settings to change?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.5.2
Browser: safari

Comments

• Hello @jcminnesota! 👋

Thank you for the question! Can you clarify a little more what it is that you're trying to do? Keychain is another password manager entirely, built-in to iOS, and it doesn't work with 1Password.

If you're trying to fill and save logins into Safari and other apps on your iPhone and iPad then you can use this guide: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• jcminnesota
    jcminnesota
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave....we are older and my spouse is not very computer literate! And with 1P she has to press a few keys.....so the idea is to keep 1P but add Mac Keychain so when we log in, keychain remembers the UN and password and no key strokes required. So my question is if we activate Keychain if it will interfere with 1P. We keep important information in 1P rather than just passwords for websites. Can we use both without a problem? Thanks for the 1P link. I will review and see if we have it set up to be as seamless a login as possible.

• @jcminnesota

Thanks for the reply. My recommendation would be to just use 1Password so that you and your spouse don't run into conflicts. By keeping all of your passwords in 1Password you ensure that those passwords are safely backed up and available on all of your devices.

I see that you sent in an email to our support team a few days ago and my colleague replied to you there as well. If you do have any follow up questions then please reply to that email and the team will be happy to help further. To prevent having the same conversation in two places at once I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: AXM-49191-592

This discussion has been closed.