Passkey and iCloud Keychain

Options
Fairgame
Fairgame
Community Member

So I updated 1PW today with new easy feature to use passkey on iPad.
I tried Home Depot website.
During the process I was asked to save passkey in iCloud Keychain but not in 1Password.
In addition, the browser does not offer to auto fill username and password.
Good thing is I can still copy and paste username and password from 1PW to the browser to login.
Bad thing, it takes way longer to do then just using auto fill as done previously.
I’ll hold off on using passkeys until the kinks are worked out.
This is still not working.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.6.1
Browser: Brave

Comments

• Tribruin
    Tribruin
    Community Member
    Options

I think there is an issue specifically with the Home Depot site and Passkeys on iOS. I was able to successfully sign-in using Safari on macOS using a Passkey.

I have also confirmed that I can successfully use passkeys in iOS Safari on multiple websites (Google, PayPal, and 1Password's passkey test site.) So, it looks like the 1Password extension is working fine.

• Hello @Fairgame! 👋

Saving passkeys in 1Password requires iOS 17 or later. Please update your iPad: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (CA)

Then, you can use this guide to save a passkey in 1Password: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

@Tribruin Are you already running iOS 17 and 1Password for iOS version 8.10.16: How to keep 1Password up to date

-Dave

• CaptainJD
    CaptainJD
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this update. I fell into this trap too and created Passkeys in my Keychain rather than 1PW

• Tribruin
    Tribruin
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P , you I am running iOS 17 and the latest 1P extension. It is definitely an issue specific to the Home Depot website. I have tested passkeys on other sites via iOS safari and they work fine.

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks all, I'll get iOS 17.

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

iOS 17 was the reason. With this version I was able to create passkey, save it to 1PW and use it.
    Worked on my iOS 17 iPhone, would not work on iOS 16 iPad. After iPad update to iOS 17 everything worked just fine (Brave browser, login to Home Depot and Pay Pal).
    While iPad was still iOS 16, I was able to login using username and password, just not passkey.
    Thank you for getting this feature.

• @Fairgame

I'm happy to hear that everything is working after updating to iOS 17. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.