BUG: Flashing windows, no biometric auth with the latest 1Password & Wavebox & Sidekick

Options

There are two issues with the latest version of 1Password and Wavebox which have been introduced with the latest version of the 1Password desktop app

Wavebox version: 10.115.15 -> 10.115.24
macOS: 13.4.1
1Password desktop app: 1Password for Mac 8.10.10 (81010014) (beta)
Safari: 16.5.2

1Password extension (Wavebox): 2.13.0
1Password extension (Safari) 2.13.0
Sidekick: 114.48.1.34403
1Password extension (Sidekick): 2.13.0

The first issue is that when the 1Password extension is installed in Wavebox or Sidekick and then in Safari, opening Safari causes macOS to flash between both browsers at speed. Removing the 1Password extension from any of the browsers stops the flashing. See the attached video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13wmPcGTfTcRffFuh-SZNcdtqjPkjTvF1/view?usp=sharing

The second issue is that biometric authentication has stopped working with version 8.10.10 beta of the 1Password desktop app. The extension always asks for the password (no error message).

1Password Version: 8.10.10
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1
Browser: Wavebox, Sidekick

Comments

• Hey @Thomas8520,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

I have located your support ticket regarding this so let's continue this conversation over email. A member of the team will be in touch to further assist soon.

Thank you!

ref: LIG-24544-962

• Thomas8520
    Thomas8520
    Community Member
    Options

This issue is still present with the latest beta version 8.10.12 (81012002)

• robfol
    robfol
    Community Member
    Options

Dear 1P please fix this soon, its causing huge problems in my workflow. Apart from that Love 1P and Wavebox - Cheers Robert

• Hey @Thomas8520, @robfol,

I'm sorry for the disruption, our developers are aware and we hope to have a fix soon.

Thank you for your patience.

ref: dev/core/core#23323

• robfol
    robfol
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, what's happening, any progress? I can't even use Safari and Wavebox at the same time due to the 1P extension conflict and biometrics still not working. Cheers Robert

• Hey @robfol,

I'm sorry for the ongoing disruption, are you able to fill in Wavebox using Universal Autofill in the meantime? Here's how: Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac.

Can you describe what you mean by the extension conflict between Safari and Wavebox? Are you having trouble with 1Password for Safari as well?

• Thomas8520
    Thomas8520
    Community Member
    Options

Can you describe what you mean by the extension conflict between Safari and Wavebox? Are you having trouble with 1Password for Safari as well?

Just so you’re aware, this isn’t isolated to a handful of users, we’ve had a large number of reports through Wavebox support on this too. I did mention this when I initially raised a support ticket through the 1Password app.

When the issue arises it makes Safari and Wavebox unusable, the only solution is to disable 1Password.

• robfol
    robfol
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @steph.giles this was with you and 1P support on Aug 2; what's happening?

The problem has been fully described since day one; so puzzled you are asking me again on Aug 18th.

And on Aug 8th you said, "I'm sorry for the disruption, our developers are aware and we hope to have a fix soon."

When Safari and Wavebox are both in use, Wavebox flickers at the edges, and the cursor goes into the background when wanted and hogs the foreground when not. Also, half the clicks don’t register, and support in the app cycles back to the front page.

Opening Safari causes macOS to flash cycle between both browsers at speed. Removing the 1Password extension from any of the browsers stops the flashing. VIDEO https://www.dropbox.com/t/Qd6y9G8vp4KVjcgI

Also, 1Password can no longer access Touch ID even though using beta version WHY do we need the beta version anyway

Please expedite a fix!

R

• megdanov
    megdanov
    Community Member
    Options

The issue remains. :/ Is a fix coming anytime soon?

• megdanov
    megdanov
    Community Member
    Options
  • Hey @megdanov,

I'm sorry for the delayed reply.

We have been able to get things working as expected with the Nightly version of 1Password for Mac where we have added a trusted browsers feature.

If you are interested, you can switch release channel in the desktop app to "Nightly" under Settings > Advanced. Then, you can go to the "About" section and click "Check for Updates" to install the Nightly version.

Next you can add a trusted browser:

1. Open & unlock 1Password 8 for Mac.
    2. Click your profile icon in the top-left corner.
    3. Select Settings....
    4. Under the Browser tab.
    5. Click "Add Browser" and choose the Wavebox browser under the Applications folder.
    6. After adding Wavebox as the trusted browser, let's quit 1Password and Wavebox and restart them to test again.

Let us know if you have any questions!

• Thomas8520
    Thomas8520
    Community Member
    Options

Trusted browsers are actually available in 1Password 8.10.16 on the production channel now, there's been some discussion around this here https://1password.community/discussion/comment/695784#Comment_695611

• Thank you @Thomas8520, you're right.

You can enable custom browser support within the 1Password app by going to Settings > Labs > Enable custom browser support.

This discussion has been closed.