Use Custom fields for autofill possible in 1Password?

Options

I've been using 1Password few years ago and switch to bitwarden (the reason was lack of U2Fintegration if I remember correctly).

Now, I want to use 1Password as may main password manager again :) (many different reasons). However I cannot find any information about usage of the custom fields in autofill. I've found some old and closed topics from 2016. Now, 7 years later I expect that 1Password should have something similar already implemented. Something like described in Bitwarden here: https://bitwarden.com/help/custom-fields/#custom-field-names

It would be usable for:

• Sites that are not working from scratch with 1password
  • Sites that I need to use different username for different domain, but with same (LDAP) password

Is it still not supported? Are there any other alternatives for this two scenarios ?

PS:
I've found this topic https://1password.community/discussion/comment/501790#Comment_501790
however it's not working (or I am doing something wrong? ) with current version of 1 Password.

Thanks

Daniel

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @daniel666,

You can find out more information on using custom fields here: Customize your 1Password items

As for the two scenarios you have mentioned, for the first scenario if things aren't working as expected it would be great if you could send these websites over to us so we can see if we can improve things on our end to get 1Password filling as expected. Alternatively, you may be able to capture the login fields with these steps:

1. Go to the log in page
    2. Manually enter your log in details but don't click enter or sign in.
    3. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose 'Save Login'
    4. Give it a title and click Save.
    5. Now refresh the page and see if you are able to fill.

For the second scenario, we don't currently support multiple logins within an item, instead we would recommend creating separate items for each login.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions!

• daniel666
    daniel666
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    thanks for answer.

You can find out more information on using custom fields here: Customize your 1Password items

Unfortunately custom fields you mention doesn't work for auto filling.

for the first scenario if things aren't working as expected it would be great if you could send these websites over to us so we can see if we can improve things on our end to get 1Password filling as expected

Unfortunately I mention not working sites that are internal side in my company and I cannot send you (these are only accessible from company's VPN). That's why I would suggest to have possibility to manually "fix" that and add id's or use some other way that will be used for autofill. It could be also treated as workarounds for websites that are sent to you until it will be improved :).

Alternatively, you may be able to capture the login fields with these steps

Unfortunately this didn't work

For the second scenario, we don't currently support multiple logins within an item, instead we would recommend creating separate items for each login.

Yes, I know of that. However this means that I need to remember to every time that I change my password (which I need to do every few weeks, because company policy is forcing that) I need to edit other connected login items. Which can be time consuming (if there is many such "connected" login items) and at the end can lead to many items with different password and a little chaos :).

I hope you understand my point of view.

• Hi @daniel666,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

If you create custom field, although these won't appear in the inline menu or be filled with a shortcut you may be able to click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose 'Autofill' here to fill the details. This will however depend on the website itself and the label that you have added.

I have put in a request with our product team on your behalf including the details you have provided to see if we can improve the behaviour in 1Password to capture and fill those fields.

In addition, I have put in a request to see if we can come up with a way to better handle scenarios where you have sites with different usernames and domains but the same password.

Thank you for your feedback, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB35921675
    ref: PB35921548

This discussion has been closed.