Feature request: Subdomain distinction for password recommendations

Options
widestorm
widestorm
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

A little feature request that came to mind.

I'm using 1Password for work a lot and we have multiple different internal domains for multiple customers (IT MSP).
So for example when I'm on cloud.domain.com I don't want 1Password to recommend me entries that are for the same domain but with a different subdomain eg. web.domain.com

It would be amazing if 1Password would recognize it as a different subdomain and only recommend entries for that sudomain.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• BrendanR1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi @widestorm,

It sounds like the "Only fill on this exact domain name" option in the autofill behaviour feature in 1Password may provide the functionality you require. More information on this feature can be found on the following link: Change where a login is suggested and filled

If the feature mentioned above wouldn't be what you are looking for, I'll be happy to log a feature request for this.

Thanks

-- Brendan

• widestorm
    widestorm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brendan

I see that option now, thank you.
    I was looking for a global option, maybe like a global override to this setting. Since it doesn't seem like it is possible to set a different default setting for this option I would have to set the option on hundreds of entries manually.

Would be nice to have but since the option exists thats fine for me as is.

• LydiaH1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

@widestorm Thank you for the further feedback!

I have created a feature request on your behalf and our Product team will consider on whether this feature will be added to a future version of 1Password.

If you have any other ideas on how we could improve the autofill behaviour, please let us know!

ref: PB35926005

This discussion has been closed.