Getting Fill Masked Email.. option when no masked email exists

Options

I was creating an account on costco (https://signin.costco.com/). I was initially asked to create a masked email, but before I could save the item in 1password I was redirected. The email was created, but it's not anywhere in 1password. I deleted the masked email to try again, but I only get the 'Fill Masked Email...' option which has some cache reference to the email that was created even though it's been deleted and doesn't exist anywhere in 1password that I have access to.

As a workaround I expect the feature request to use masked email with existing logins might help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on
Browser: Microsoft Edge Version 116.0.1938.81

Comments

• Hey @agentsmith1337,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm having a hard time accessing the page you are on to do some testing on my end.

Do you see the same behaviour if you go to our test website and try to sign up: Test Autofill.

When you say you were redirected before you could save it, can you let me know where you were redirected?

Any detail would be really useful.

• agentsmith1337
    agentsmith1337
    Community Member
    Options

Yup that works as expected. I see the link for Costco isn't work, but the flow is to go to their main site, click on the sign in/register link and then choose the create account option. As soon as you enter the email (create new masked email) and password it redirects you before the information is saved in 1password. This leaves you with a newly created masked email and some cache reference in 1password, but there's no new visible in 1password because you are never prompted to save that information before the redirect.

I ended up using a different browser (FF) and just saved the login item in 1password immediately after creating the masked email, but before setting the password to beat the redirect. Costco is being janky by redirecting the way they do.

• Hi @agentsmith1337 ,

Thanks for getting back to us with the additional details.

I can confirm the issue is related to how costco.com is being built and I can replicate the misbehavior as you described.

Meanwhile, we have an existing issue with the password-changing page of the costco.com website and it also fits the profile of your issue on the sign up page. Basically, the inline menu suggestion of 1Password would trigger costco.com to auto-submit the current page info somehow, which seems to be a janky redirecting behavior.

I updated the issue with the findings you provided. Meanwhile, I'd suggest using the Copy function of the password generator from 1Password in the browser to avoid the issue in the future (The "Autofill" function would also trigger the issue):

• You can use the inline menu to autofill the email address or the masked email feature. The auto-submit misbehavior won't take action as long as all the required fields are not completed on the form.

• Then, instead of using the inline menu suggestion for the password fields, let's use the password generator to Copy & Paste passwords as a workaround to avoid the auto-submit misbehavior. Here's a demo GIF:

ref: dev/core/core#15128

This discussion has been closed.