Watchtower feature request: Add "ignored alert" type filters

Options
Maelstromeous
Maelstromeous
Community Member

I'd like to be able to filter "Ignored Alerts" by the type of ignored alert.

User story:

"As a 1password user, who has created one or more ignored Watchtower alerts, I want to see a dropdown or filter to find Ignored Alerts by Type of alert, e.g. 'Ignored Passkey Available alerts'".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Maelstromeous! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! The Ignore button is meant to be used to dismiss a Watchtower warning that you no longer need to see for an item. Can you tell me a little more about the sort of situation that would require you to see a list of ignored items just for instances where you ignored the passkey available message?

Are you dismissing the passkey available message right now with the intention of going back and saving passkeys for those items in the future?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• Maelstromeous
    Maelstromeous
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P Basically my particular use case is that passkeys are very inconsistently supported right now. For example, Amazon are rolling it out in a phased manner, however Watchtower is falsely saying they are available.

To satisify my OCD I'd ignore the Passkey entry for Amazon. Some time after, I'd like to be able to see of ignored alerts, which one of those are of certain types e.g. Passkeys etc.

This could have usages in other places, e.g. someone ignored one of their passwords as they couldn't change it, but later decide they want to. They'd have to try and manually search through the ignored list.

I envisage this should be relatively simple to conditionally show another dropdown menu to further filter the ignored alerts down. Belows a crude mockup of the idea. The "Passkeys available" dropdown would only show up when Ignored Alerts is selected.

• @Maelstromeous

Thank you for the details! I can definitely see how sorting ignored alerts would be useful and while I can't promise that the feature will be implemented I've added your request to our internal tracker so that our product team can consider the feature for a future version of 1Password.

For the time being, you can add a tag to the items in question in order to track them for the future. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-35934462

This discussion has been closed.