Sign in with Apple

Options
Fairgame
Fairgame
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Lounge

I just found out about sneaky Apple company creating new account by automatically signing in with my Apple ID.
The way this relates to 1PW, I have strong and different sign-ins for each account, thanks to 1PW. I do not need or want single Apple ID to be able to sign in to my accounts.

Here is how to turn off, from Apple support page, here you can add / delete the apps using the automatic sign in:

On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch
1) Open the Settings app, then tap your name.
2) Tap Password & Security.
3) Tap Apps Using Apple ID.

TLDR:
I found out about this when I purchased a ticket for transportation company through the app, no warning or anything about new sign in. I assumed the app was signed in from my previous visit to my original account, as it has done for several years now.
I paid for the tickets, but while I had pdf version, no tickets showed up in my account or were emailed to me in the email used for that account (although the email came on my Apple ID account).
Reason, I had NEW account with Apple ID sign-in.
As a result, I lost out on the benefits and partial credits from my previous purchases, thanks to Apple sneaky settings in iOS 17.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @Fairgame! 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience. "Sign in with Apple" is an Apple feature that allows you to sign in to a website or app using your Apple ID rather than using a username and password. Other providers such as Google and Facebook offer similar features.

As far as I'm aware, Apple doesn't register your Apple ID for sign in with individual apps and websites without your explicit permission for each app or website. But if you don't recall choosing to sign in with Apple for a particular app or website then I would suggest reaching out to Apple Support so that they can advise further: Official Apple Support

If you do choose to use the feature in the future, you can let 1Password save, remember, and fill logins in your browser when you sign in to websites with providers like Apple: Use 1Password to sign in to sites with supported providers

I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.