Unable to sign in using a passkey on amazon.co.uk on iPhone/iPad

Options
theengine
theengine
Community Member
edited September 2023 in iOS

Hi,
I have successfully added a Passkey into my existing 1Password Amazon login using my Mac and I can login and out to my hearts content on the Mac. The Passkey login is showing as synced to my iPad and iPhone 1Passwords. When I try to login using my iPad, the option to use a passkey exists, but when I click it I get a QR code asking me to scan it with another IOS device. When I do this with my iPhone I get "There are no matching passkeys saved in 1password" and on my iPad I get a message"Use your other device to choose a passkey"
So, I'm stuck. Any ideas.
I'm on the latest Mac, iPad, iPhone and 1password versions, as at today's date.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @theengine

Can you confirm the option is presented from 1Password? I'm wondering if perhaps iOS is offering you a code to be scanned.

• theengine
    theengine
    Community Member
    Options

Possible 1Password. Here is a screenshot.

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. When trying to fill an existing passkey stored in 1PW It appears the Apple passkey implementation is getting invoked to create a passkey even though iCloud Keychain is not selected in the Autofill selections.

• @theengine and @OAW

Although I don't have a amazon.co.uk account I can successfully sign in to amazon.ca using a passkey on both my iPhone and iPad. As a start please make sure that you're running iOS 17.0.1 or later and 1Password for iOS 8.10.16 or later.

Then, please double-check your iOS AutoFill settings:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys.
    4. Select 1Password.
    5. De-select any other providers here, including Keychain.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

If that still doesn't work then please let me know if you're able to sign in using a passkey for any website on your iPhone or iPad or if you see the same issue for all websites.

-Dave

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I only have 1PW selected in Settings > Passwords > Password Options. But I think I posted my observations in the wrong thread. I'm not seeing anything on amazon.com at all to even setup a Passkey. But what I described has been my experience on other sites.

• theengine
    theengine
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    My IOS setting are all as described above. I have tried one other site and have the same experience. It works on MacOS but not IOS.

• @OAW

Thanks for the reply. Amazon is currently in the process of rolling out passkeys so you might not see the option on your own account just yet: Amazon.com - Passkeys.directory

-Dave

• theengine
    theengine
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Posted in error

• @theengine

I'm sorry for missing your post yesterday, it looks like we both posted at the same time. You'll see that QR code if iOS AutoFill isn't able to see any available passkeys. You said that you've setup AutoFill in iOS Settings, can you make sure that you've also set things up correctly in the 1Password app itself, you'll need to do these steps on both your iPhone and iPad:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap AutoFill.
    4. Make sure that both "AutoFill" and "Show filling suggestions" are turned on.
    5. Set "Show filling suggestion from" to your entire account, not just a single collection.

Then open Safari and try to sign in again. Let me know if that changes anything. 🙂

-Dave

• theengine
    theengine
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks Dave_1P
    The issue was that a long time ago I had turned off "Show filling suggestions". Once reselected, all worked as expected.
    Thanks again.

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

@theengine

I'm happy that the suggestion helped and that everything is working now. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24139

This discussion has been closed.