1Password on my smartphone

Options
Nikole
Nikole
Community Member

Hello!
I'm interested in the following question: if I install 1Password on my smartphone, are there any protection methods in case of phone loss? For example, is it possible to deny access to the application on a specific gadget? Or any other options?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @Nikole

Broadly speaking, the methods you use to protect your phone itself will also protect 1Password. One of these will be a Find My Device service, like Google's. That way, if you lost your phone, you could remotely lock and erase it, which would also remove your 1Password data as part of that process.

We provide guidance on what to do if you lose your device here:

If your device was lost or stolen, and it has your 1Password data on it

You can deauthorize a specific device from the My Profile page of 1Password.com if you need to, in addition to any of the security features of the device itself.

For example, if I lost my Pixel, I'd remotely erase it using Google's Find My Device. My 1Password data (on just that device) would be deleted along with everything else on it like photos, contacts, messages, and so on. Even though I have a strong screen lock, I'd have some peace of mind knowing that it would "self-destruct" the next time it goes online and be rendered useless to anyone else.

I hope that answers your question fully, but please do let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.