New feature: Add tables to Secure Notes

Options
r3r344r4
r3r344r4
Community Member

I'd love to be able to move my more sensitive notes into 1Password, but need the ability to create tables. A markdown format using the | character to create a table would more than suffice.

For example,

| Name | Age |
| Jae | 23 |

could create a table with two rows and two columns

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

@r3r344r4

1Password doesn't currently support tables, you can find the options that are supported here: Format your secure notes with Markdown

Tables formatting in markdown does sound very useful and I've filed a feature request on your behalf. Thank you for the suggestion. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-33734534

• mercurial
    mercurial
    Community Member
    Options

There have been multiple threads on markdown table support and all of them seem to get closed - most with 'that sounds useful, we'll create a request' - this is really the big QoL feature if, like me, you like to store plain text versions of things like eyeglass prescriptions.

• woodyard
    woodyard
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe you should consider something like "user voice" or similar to enable us users to vote on feature requests. Then you'll also see which features your users want the most.

• @mercurial

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed it along to the team.

@woodyard

Thanks for the suggestion. We have an internal tracking system for feature requests that allows our product team to consider everyone's feedback and better understand the reason for each individual request. I think that a system of "voting" would give the wrong impression. While the volume of requests that we receive for a given request is important, a lot of other factors also go into deciding our product roadmap.

-Dave

ref: 35153489

• vPeteWalker
    vPeteWalker
    Community Member
    Options

I would love table and tab support and in general an expansion of the extremely limited Markdown options available today. Is there any public-facing road map you can share? Thanks a ton.

• @vPeteWalker

Thank you for adding your voice. 🙂

Is there any public-facing road map you can share?

We tend not to pre-announce new features in order to avoid disappointing folks if a feature is delayed or cancelled. When a new feature is added to 1Password you'll always see it noted in our release notes: 1Password Releases

-Dave

ref: PB-35935731

• vPeteWalker
    vPeteWalker
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P As someone who worked at a software company, I totally get that. Some people just don't understand development priorities can shift, or one of a million other variables can occur. I just thought I'd ask, so even if you guys had something at all. Much appreciated.

• @vPeteWalker

Thank you again for the feedback and understanding. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.