Black screen error with the Bomgar app

Options
CLJones
CLJones
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Mac

Hello! I'm a new user of 1Password. Ever since I started using 1Password on my Mac, I've run into an issue with another application. When I attempt to use Bomgar, it just gives me a black screen and nothing else. Do you think this might be related to my 1Password installation on the Mac? And could you guide me on how to resolve this problem?
I'd really appreciate your help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Nikole
    Nikole
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. This is a common problem, it has nothing to do with the 1 Password app. The reason is due to macOS security features that force users to take extra steps to allow full use and control of the screen sharing app.
    But it can be fixed, here are the steps:

• Hit System preferences;
    • While inside System preferences, select Security & Privacy
    • Click the lock icon
    • Type in the appropriate computer password when prompted to make alterations
    • Navigate to the Privacy tab
    • Choose Screen recording from the left-hand menu
    • Enable the Remote support customer client by checking the box next to it
    • Hit Later
    • From the left-hand menu, choose Accessibility
    • Enable the box next to Remote support customer client
    • Hit the lock icon.
      For more details on each step, see this article https://www.helpwire.app/blog/bomgar-not-working-on-mac/ There are also other possible solutions to this problem.
  • Hello @CLJones! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into an issue with another app. From what @Nikole posted, it sounds like the issue is with the other app itself and 1Password doesn't seem to be involved. I would recommend reaching out to the other app's support team so that they can begin to troubleshoot.

If you do see an indication that 1Password is involved (for example, if the issue stops after uninstalling 1Password) then let me know and I can help further. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.