How do I turn off suggestions for Identity items on websites?

Options
TP8769
TP8769
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Screen shots attached.

It's most frustrating when using Paypal shipstation to purchase postage. I get the prompt in EVERY address field.

I use identies as an convenient way to keep encrypted personal information for my family on both my Mac & iphone. This includes personal data, as well as attachments (photos of drivers license, passports, etc.) I like the identity feature, but there should be a way to disable autofill for either specific items (ideally) or all items of a certain type (less ideal).

If anyone has a workaround, please, I'm begging you, let me know!

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.16 (81016047)
Extension Version: 1Password for Safari 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS 12.6.9
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey @TP8769,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Currently there isn't a way to prevent Identity items from being suggested. One suggestion I have would be to move the items you do not want to see to a separate vault and then in your browser right click the 1Password icon and choose Settings then disable that vault under the Accounts & Vaults section.

Alternatively, you can quickly dismiss 1Password in a field by hitting the ESC key on your keyboard or by clicking on the 1Password icon within the field.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions.

• TP8769
    TP8769
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I discovered the ESC key trick and am currently using that. Much less painful.

Fiddling with additional vaults I'm not interested in. Just one more thing to keep track of.

Is there any chance a feature like I described "disable autofill for either specific items (ideally) or all items of a certain type (less ideal)." is on the development roadmap? I can't be the only one with that use case.

If there's a jira/etc that end-users have access to to post/vote on enhancements, let me know and I'll do my thing.

Thank you!

• LydiaH1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

@TP8769 Our Product team are looking into this as we have had other users request the same. I have passed on your feedback as well to highlight further interest.

Let me know if you have any further questions or feedback in the meantime.

ref: PB35926923

• TP8769
    TP8769
    Community Member
    Options

Appreciate it, Lydia. Here's hoping the devs go for it!

• @TP8769, on behalf of Lydia you are most welcome.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

• TP8769
    TP8769
    Community Member
    Options

👍 and if the devs need a beta tester, I'd be happy to check it out.

• Hi @TP8769,

Thanks for offering to test things out! Any updates will make their way to the beta version of the 1Password extension first, which you can install and test using the installation link for your preferred supported browser in the article below:

Let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.