Passkey integration blocking login with yubikey

Options

It's basically the same issue that is being reported here: https://1password.community/discussion/140631/passkey-integration-blocking-login-with-yubikey but I am experiencing it with Chrome on Ubuntu when using Github, which our company policy requires to be used with Yubikey.

1Password Version: 1Password for Linux 8.10.15 (81015001)
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Browser: Chrome 116.0.5845.187 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Comments

• Hi @danpr,

Can you confirm what happens when you click the security key icon in the 1Password passkey prompt seen in the following image:

Clicking the security key icon in the 1Password passkey prompt should allow you to choose to use your Yubikey. Are you still unable to access it afterwards?

Additionally, can you make sure that your browser is fully up to date?

I look forward to hearing from you!

• danpr
    danpr
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi @david.m_1P , thank you for your reply. I never noticed this button and indeed it solves my problem.

Still I have to say that as a 'dumb user' it seems like 'not an improvement' that before passkey support the security key would 'just work' and now I have to go through this extra step. Also it just doesn't make much sense that I press "use security key" and in response 1password pops up offering to sign in with a pass key while a) passkey not equals security key and b) I don't even have passkeys set up [for this website] so it doesn't seem like a logical guess that I would indeed want to use a passkey.
    As a fellow developer I understand that for a) there's probably good but unfortunate reasons outside of your control, but b) seems solvable.

Anyway, thanks for your help, this significantly reduces frustration :)

• Thank you for getting back to us @danpr.

I understand where you are coming from, our team are currently investigating ways in which we can improve this flow. Thank you for your feedback and have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.