Does not work with TheStandard iOS app

Options
OnePassUser
OnePassUser
Community Member
edited September 2023 in iOS

When using TheStandard app, it does not find my saved credentials. I have to search for it. It prompts me if I want to save and update the login but that has no effect.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 17
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• OnePassUser
    OnePassUser
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

If I look at the 1Password entry for this login, I see the following value for website:

file:///private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/06DA68DB-6FED-4071-BB79-424F3EF0EB3C/The%20Standard.app/www/index.html#/login?logout=true

Which seems to match what I see in the screenshot of the prompt to update my login in the original post.

• Hello @OnePassUser! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble filling your username and password into the Standard app. On the iPhone AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS through an Apple feature named iOS Password AutoFill and 1Password only provides the data for the experience.

Password AutoFill will match the apps that you use to your login items in 1Password by taking the associated domain reported by an app and comparing it against the website URL in your login items. If there is a match then Password AutoFill will offer to fill your login information.

As far as I understand it, no part of the string in your screenshots is usable for the purposes of Password AutoFill. Our developers have previously looked into this issue and can confirm that this would need to be fixed by the app developer themselves. The app is sending iOS that URL which is then passed on to 1Password itself. To fix the issue, the Standard app would need to be updated by the developer to send the correct associated domain.

I recommend reporting the issue to the developer of Standard so that they can see why their app is sending that kind of URL to iOS Password AutoFill. Here is Apple's developer page regarding associated domains that you can forward to them: Supporting Associated Domains | Apple Developer Documentation

In the meantime, you can continue to search for the correct Login item and fill it that way. I'm sorry that I don't have a better workaround at this time.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#13544

• OnePassUser
    OnePassUser
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave. Just so that I understand things. Is the app not passing a website url so iOS defaults to sending the app string which is file:///private/..... ?

• @OnePassUser

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a developer myself but my understanding is that the app is sending that URL to iOS and then iOS is sending the URL to the 1Password app. If the app wasn't sending anything then you would just see "No suggestions" in the 1Password dialog without any URL at all:

The issue can be corrected by having the developer update the app to send a proper associated domain.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.