Editing Login Doesn't Remember The Selection Consistently

Options

Hi there

Strange issue going on and a bit concerning because I almost manually changed some details on a login that shouldn't have been selected.

When I open 1password in Edge - Clicking the 1password icon which opens the mini-window, selecting a saved login, clicking on the 3 little dots above it (to the right of Open and Fill) and selecting Edit, this should open up the 1password desktop app and present me with the login that I selected in the browser addon, in an editable format...

Sometimes it does that. Other times its either completely ignoring the selection in the desktop app and randomly selecting another saved login or its bringing up a previously selected saved login that I've manually selected in the desktop app some time before.

The only thing I changed recently was upgrading the Android app to the latest app you offer.

Is this a known issue? If not, is there a reason why this would be happening?

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: Windows
Browser: Edge

Comments

• Hi @Eloi,

Thanks for reaching out! I can confirm that the behaviour you're encountering is a known issue that our development team is investigating. I've let them know about your experience, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

It appears that this is only happening when the 1Password desktop app window has been closed. If the window is left open, the item you click to edit via the 1Password extension pop-up should be seen in the desktop app, and ready for editing.

Let us know if you experience anything different.

ref: dev/core/core#24264

This discussion has been closed.