Home Depot and Passkeys On Windows Chrome And iPhone

Options
bernieo
bernieo
Community Member
edited September 2023 in iOS

So, I successfully created a Home Depot passkey using Windows Chrome and it works great.

But, when I login to Home Depot from my iPhone using Safari or Home Depot app, there is
no passkey option. I can either use a one-time verification code or my existing password.

Is this the way it's suppose to work? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• bernieo
    bernieo
    Community Member
    Options

I should have added this info to my original message:

iPhone 15 Pro.
    1Password Ver: 8.10.16.
    IOS Ver: 17.0.2.

• bernieo
    bernieo
    Community Member
    Options

I'm solving my own problem...

I can now sign in to HD in IOS Safari with a passcode.

But, the HD IOS app does seem to have this option. On password or verification code.

• Hello @bernieo! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble with passkeys and Home Depot. While 1Password is ready to support passkey authentication in iOS native apps, we are aware of an issue on iOS 17 that impacts users from being able to save and use passkeys to sign in on iOS apps. We are working with our partners at Apple to find a resolution to this issue. You can continue to create and sign in using passkeys, with 1Password, in the Safari app.

I can now sign in to HD in IOS Safari with a passcode.

By "passcode" do you mean passkey or are you referring to a fallback method that you used to login because the passkey wasn't working? The team is looking into some issues that have been reported with saving passkeys on Home Depot's website and, from some of our testing, it looks like passkeys created on the Home Depot website only currently work on the device that they were created on.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• bernieo
    bernieo
    Community Member
    Options

Dave. Thank you for the clarification.

I also meant that I can sign in to Home Depot in IOS Safari with a "passkey" (not passcode as I mistakenly wrote). Sorry for the confusion.

At this point my problem has been resolved. I look forward to using passkeys in the IOS apps when Apple resolves the issue.

• Sounds good. If you do run into any other issues then don't hesitate to let us know. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.