Feature Request: Login Details - Email vs Username

Options
djbystedt
djbystedt
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Auto-fill as implemented is frustrating.

Logins usually come in one of two options: email or username.

1Password Login Items have default fields of Username and Password.

This is all fine, until Auto-fill being the bull that they are, runs through the china shop.

Which is to say, that Usernames are being suggested by Auto-Fill for Email fields.

The most basic, cursory, and simplest of checks could be performed! And yet, nothing. The china is broken.

Auto-Fill could look for an @ symbol and domain extension in the ‘username’ before suggesting it for a form field asking for an Email. Simple.

Instead users are bombarded with every username they’ve ever created, when a form asks for an email address.

Please update Auto-Fill to search Username fields for @ symbols & domain extensions prior to suggesting them as options for Email fields in forms.

PS Login forms could also look for an @ symbol and change the login field title to email too. But that’s a more trivial feature.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @djbystedt,

Are you referring to an item that contains both a username and email address? Can you provide me with an example of a website whereby you are running into this behaviour so I can take a look and provide the team with some specifics?

Thank you!

• djbystedt
    djbystedt
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

@steph.giles

It happens on every Shopify site. Most recently that was checkout.baggu.com.

Shopify wants an email address to contact myself about my order, not to make an account. This was guest checkout. It does need to be an email.

If it isn’t an email, Shopify will reject the input upon form submission. Hope this, and the picture clear up any confusion.

Across several ‘Identities’, I have the suggested Usernames input as usernames, and suggested emails input as emails.

• Hi @djbystedt

From what you've described, I understand that you would prefer to only be presented with suggestions for email addresses and not usernames when selecting a 1Password identity item when filling in a field that strictly requires an email address. I've gone ahead and forwarded your feedback to our Product team for consideration.

Let me know if you have any questions moving forward, and I'll gladly address them.

ref: PB-35988899

This discussion has been closed.