I can't believe how hard it is to sign into 1P on a new device

Options
JetForMe
JetForMe
Community Member

It is excruciatingly hard to set up 1P on a new device in this case Ubuntu. Instead of doing something smart, like popping up a QR code to scan with the 1P app on my phone, or letting me use the command line tool to set it up via ssh, you guys inexplicably put the QR code on my already-set-up phone, and make me type in four different credentials to set up the 1P app on Ubuntu.

I managed to set up the command line tool, but I can't get the app to integrate that without first signing in to it.

What a missed opportunity.

1Password Version: 7.x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @JetForMe, thanks for your feedback regarding the 1Password sign in experience on a new device.

We do currently offer some features to make adding your account to a new device easier. For instance, if you have a camera connected to your Ubuntu device, you should be able to scan the QR code that appears on your phone to automatically add your account.

I'd also like to add that ability to unlock 1Password quickly through another device - while this is not currently possible - it is something that can be done once we've implemented the ability to unlock 1password with a passkey:

Let me know if you have any additional feedback or questions.

Ali

This discussion has been closed.