Safe data is not updated

Options
Spn13
Spn13
Community Member

When I update data on one device, the data on the other does not update automatically, I need to close and open the application again. For example, if you update data on iOS, then on Mac, the data is not updated either in the app or in extensions for Safari and Edge. You need to close Safari, Edge, 1Password and open it again. In this case, the data on 1Password.com is updated immediately. The same problem, if you update in the application on a mac, they do not appear in browsers. How can I force a data update without closing the application?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.16 (81016047)
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Spn13! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not seeing your items on all of your devices and browsers right away. 1Password is designed to keep your items instantly updated across all of your items so it sounds like something is going wrong that we'll need to investigate further.

You can force a sync by locking and then unlocking 1Password.

In this case, the data on 1Password.com is updated immediately.

Is the item always immediately updated on 1Password.com regardless of whether you edit the item using 1Password for iOS, 1Password for Mac, or 1Password in the browser?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member
    Options

Conducted experiments, below are the results. First it says in which application the changes are being made, then whether these changes are applied automatically (+) or not (-).

1Password Mac: iPhone (+), 1passwod.com (+), Safari (-), Edge (+)
    iPhone: 1Password Mac (-), 1passwod.com (+), Safari (-), Edge (+)
    1passwod.com: iPhone (+), 1Password Mac (-), Safari (-), Edge (+)

• @Spn13

Thank you for the posting the results of your testing. Let's start by focusing on the middle test where changes made on your iPhone made it to 1Password.com but not the 1Password for Mac app or 1Password in Safari. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member
    Options

So far I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. Magically, everything syncs instantly.
    Does it make sense to submit a report or try to reproduce the problem further?

• @Spn13

If everything's working as expected, and you can see all your items on all your devices, then you likely don't need to take any further action. However, if you run into any trouble syncing again, then sending those diagnostics reports will be very useful for us to be able to advise you on what to do.

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I'll be watching.

• Thank you, we'll keep an eye out for any future messages from you in case you do run into the issue again.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.