Feature request: Edit an item open in a separate window

Options
tetardbleu
tetardbleu
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Mac

When 1Password 8 was launched and the feature was missing, there were a few posts about it in the forum. Since then, I think all were closed (why!!!), nothing changed, and I still miss this feature soo much... is it really hard to develop with electron, or simply a choice not to do it from the dev team? It's especially annoying, now that when we select "edit in 1password" from 1password mini in the menu bar, or browsers extensions, it often doesn't work. It opens the app but not the item in edit mode anymore (I saw in another post in the windows section that the team is aware of the bug).

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @tetardbleu! 👋

Thanks for following up! While I don't have any updates to share regarding the ability to edit in a new window, I've let the team know that you'd still like to see this feature added to 1Password 8 in the future. For now, you'll need to continue to use the main 1Password app to edit your items.

Since then, I think all were closed (why!!!)

Old discussions are automatically closed by our forum software after a certain amount of time has passed without any new activity in order to avoid confusing folks with threads that might no longer be relevant. An old thread being closed has no impact on whether or not a feature will be added to 1Password.

It's especially annoying, now that when we select "edit in 1password" from 1password mini in the menu bar, or browsers extensions, it often doesn't work. It opens the app but not the item in edit mode anymore (I saw in another post in the windows section that the team is aware of the bug).

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. This is indeed an issue that our development team is investigating and hopes to fix in a future update to 1Password.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24066
    ref: dev/core/core#24165
    ref: dev/core/core#11385
    ref: PB-36024331

This discussion has been closed.