my 1password extension will no longer work i safari I have updated to 14.0 sonoma

Options
Samtheman67
Samtheman67
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Extension will not work after update to 14.0 sonoma. can not scroll either favorites or all items.. will I have to delete 1password? If i do that would I loose all my information?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Samtheman67,

I'm sorry for the trouble, there is a bug with with scrolling in the latest update to 1Password for Safari. Our development team are aware of this issue and I have added you as an affected user.

In the meantime, I suggest searching for your items manually instead of scrolling.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Additionally, if you reinstall the 1Password extension, you will not lose all your information.

Let us know if you have any questions.

ref: dev/core/core#23994

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

I am not a techie. Can I just uninstall the extension? I am using 1password and it working ok so far. My bank is having trouble also loging me in just using my apple computer also because of 14.0 Sonoma. Just tolerate others know befor downloading the new apple updated safari.

• Hey @Samtheman67,

You can uninstall 1Password in your browser, however this will remove the the ability to autofill your usernames and passwords on login pages. Let us know if you'd like assistance.

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

I guess that I will leave everything alone since this is only effects my computer. I am having no trouble with my IPad or IPhone. Usually if I wait long enough a fix will come due. Just hoping it will come soon. If you could keep me informed would really appreciate it. I have used 1password for years and have over a hundred passwords stored so I really do not want to mess around to much because like I said In am not Techie. If you could help me I would appreciate it.

• Thank you for getting back to us @Samtheman67, apart from the scrolling issue in your browser is everything else working as you'd expect?

You should be able to continue to use 1Password by either filling your credentials from the fields on the website or you can type the website you are looking for in the search bar after clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Will just wait for 1password for some kind of fix. Please keep me informed would really appreciate it.

• You're welcome @Samtheman67, 1Password in your browser should update automatically but you can check you have it set to do so with the steps listed here: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all and have a great weekend!

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles

I'm also experiencing the Safari extension scrolling bug on Sonoma.

FYI the searching workaround you suggested seems to work fine.

Dave Ings

• I'm sorry for the disruption @ings, our team are working to resolve this.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.