Does 1password work in macOS Sonoma

Options

When I go to a sign-in page and click on the 1password icon for the password, nothing happens. I'm using the full, release version of Sonoma. What do I do?

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Mac OS 14 Sonoma
Browser: Safari

Comments

• JerryD
    JerryD
    Community Member
    Options

After updating to MacOS Sonoma, 1Password is no longer listed under Passwords/Password Options/Use passwords and passkeys from. As a consequence, you can no longer fill in your credentials directly in the e.g. web form, but need to copy/paste it from 1Password app. Please report to the developers (I have already done that).

• Hey @edschaefer1944,

I'm sorry for the trouble, can you let me know if the behaviour improves after these steps:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if it is working properly.

@JerryD, can you let me know if you can see a 1Password icon in your browser toolbar? If yes, what happens when you click on it?

• JerryD
    JerryD
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi Steph. I can see the icon and if I click on it the 1Password window opens as expected. I have in the meantime contacted 1Password support and they suggested the following:

It looks like Safari reset itself when updating and caused the built-in password manager to activate overlapping 1Password. Please follow the steps in our guide to turn off Safari's built-in password manager --> Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser. I recommend also turning off "AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys" in the Safari password settings.

I have done that and now it all works well for almost all web sites (still fails on one). Mind you, 1Password is still no longer listed under Passwords/Password Options/Use passwords and passkeys from, but it doesn't seem to affect the functionality.

• Hey @JerryD,

Thank you for the update.

That's right, 1Password isn't listed within those settings but it should still fill as expected.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.