cannot sign in to 1PW app or chrome extension in Ubuntu

Options
bigdog39
bigdog39
Community Member

I've been using 1PW on my Ubuntu 22.04 desktop since January. I use both the app and chrome extension all day every day. I noticed a few days ago the app wasn't updating, it said "failed to connect, try again" but that never worked. This morning I investigated further and decided to reset the app and try logging in fresh. I used my emergency kit and password, and cannot log in at all. The weird thing is I also have two Windows computers and 1PW is still working perfectly on them. I am a developer, I also use 1PW on the command line with SSH. I see this in the 1password logs:

ERROR 2023-10-05T17:06:15.539 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(23)) [1P:/builds/dev/core/core/ssh/op-agent-controller/src/desktop.rs:439] Io(Os { code: 2, kind: NotFound, message: "No such file or directory" })
ERROR 2023-10-05T17:06:15.609 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(11)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/watchtower.rs:244] RequestError(IoError(IoError(error sending request for url (): error trying to connect: unexpected error: failed to load system root certificates: Could not load PEM file "/usr/lib/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt")))

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Browser: Chrome

Comments

This discussion has been closed.