Credit Union iPhone App

Options
purcellj
purcellj
Community Member
edited October 2023 in iOS

I use a small credit union that has an app built by some other company. When logging in, 1password doesn't match the 1Password entry and the iPhone Credit Union app. There is no obvious way to know which URL/domain the app is using. Any ideas (besides network sniffing)?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS latest
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @purcellj (again!)

iOS's built-in autofill system, Password AutoFill, relies on the app having an Associated Domain (like facebook.com for the Facebook app) so that it can request matching items from the autofill provider – in this case, 1Password.

An easy way to see if the developer of the app has set one is as follows:

1. Open the app in question and tap the Password field.
    2. Tap the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard.
    3. Look at the header for suggested items.
    • If you see "Suggestions for example.com", then that's the Associated Domain. If the website field of the item matches that domain, it'll be suggested automatically, since iOS will essentially ask, "Hey, 1Password, do you have any items for example.com?"

• If you don't see a website mentioned in the header, then one hasn't been set by the developer and you'll need to search for the item every time, since neither iOS nor 1Password knows what to suggest in that case. Only the developer of the app can set one, so they'll need to fix that if that's the case. The developer may want to consult Apple’s developer documentation about this for some help.

I hope that helps! I'll be here if you need anything. :)

— Grey

• purcellj
    purcellj
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Grey! I tried your suggestion but it comes up as No Suggestions. I'll contact the Credit Union.

• Sounds good and we wish you luck @purcellj

This discussion has been closed.