Passkeys wreaking havoc, don't seem to detect which account

Options
mariohall
mariohall
Community Member

I have a passkey for one Google Account (let's call it Account A). On my other Google account (Account B) I use a hardware key. For whatever reason, 1password keeps trying to get me to unlock Account B with the passkey from Account A. How do I disable passkeys from being prompted? Or make it work as I would expect, showing the passkey prompt for Account A and the Hardware Key prompt for Account B? Or just use iCloud for passkeys completely, as it doesn't seem very well built/thought out to be included in 1Password yet.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.0.2
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• mariohall
    mariohall
    Community Member
    Options

I have two actually different accounts, one that uses a hardware key (account B) and one that uses a passkey (account A). Even when the hardware key account (account B) is on-screen and 1Password could easily read the usernameB@gmail.com, 1Password prompts me to enter the passkey for Account A (usernameA@gmail.com). @bugwhat

• Hello @mariohall! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble signing in to your Google account using your security key. 1Password has implemented iOS 17's passkey API, which Apple has provided for third-party apps, and we rely on iOS to detect and use a passkey saved in 1Password where appropriate. So that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. For Account B, did you save a passkey to sign into the account on your Security Key or are you using the Security Key as a second factor your account but still signing in with a username and password?
    2. Is there a particular reason why you haven't saved a passkey for Account B in 1Password as well?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.