Can't log in to the app

Options
randhash
randhash
Community Member

My 1Password app on Linux refused to sync or generally connect to the 1Password servers starting a few days ago, while the Chrome extension worked fine. After failing to fix the problem, I decided to reinstall and reset the app. When trying to log in to my account, I now always get the error message "We weren't able to sign in to your account". This happens even when I have already successfully logged in through the website. Since the browser extension can't connect to the native app either, I suspect there is a general connection issue.

1Password Version: 8.10.18~5.BETA
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Browser: Chrome 117.0.5938.92

Comments

• Hi @randhash,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There are other users reporting a similar issue and I would love to investigate into this issue further.

Could you send an email to support+linux@1Password.com?

With your email please include:

We'll look forward to hearing from you.

• bigdog39
    bigdog39
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS, 1Password 8.10.16 Chrome 117.0.5938.132 Extension 2.15.1

I can log in via the browser extension, but I cannot log in to the app. I have uninstalled and reinstall several times, cleared out the ~/.config/1password folder, uninstall op, nothing helps. I emailed my details to the email address above a little while ago.

• Hi @randhash | @bigdog39

Our developers have discovered the root cause of the issue and a fix is now out on the Beta release. If you'd like to switch to the Beta release you can follow the steps here:

This fix will be available in the next Production update, but I don't have a timeline as to when that will release. If you would prefer to stick to the Production release, I would recommend using either 1Password.com or the browser extension with integration disabled and keeping an eye on our releases page:

Franky

• randhash
    randhash
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi @FrankyO1P,

Just installed the new version of the app and it did indeed resolve the problem. Thanks a lot for the help.

Best regards,
    Kris

• Hi @randhash,

I'm glad to hear the new version resolved the issue for you!

If there's ever anything more we can do, please be sure to contact us - we're always here to help.

Franky

This discussion has been closed.