1Password extension not functioning under Firefox after 1Pwd v8 upgrade.

Options

Autofill doesn’t work in Firefox browser (v118.0.1) under MacOS.
1Password icon is displayed in Mac menu bar; 1Password icon is displayed in Firefox tool bar.
1Password extension is shown within Firefox as enabled
However 1Password extension don’t appear in Firefox list of extensions

Following instructions https://support.1password.com/connect-1password-browser-app/
At the stage “1Password browser extension : Click [1Password icon] in your browser’s toolbar”
in my case this does not open and unlock 1Password.
The browser attempts to go to moz-extension://90cc82b9-ad35-476c-a72e-34caa06fefc0/app/app.html#/page/welcome?language=en
but does nothing further.

Stuck; impasse.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS 13.5.2
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hello @Big_D,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd like to take a closer look at the issue you're experiencing with the 1Password extension in Firefox.

I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you.

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon

• Big_D
    Big_D
    Community Member
    Options

E-mail sent.
    Assigned support ID: [#GTM-71357-534]

• coil_of_wire
    coil_of_wire
    Community Member
    Options

I'll send an email to support as well, but I've been seeing this problem as well. In Firefox, I just can't unlock the 1Password browser extension, and in other browsers it often takes 5-10 seconds to unlock. It makes it difficult to push for adoption in our company, because it makes it feel like the extension simply isn't working (which, again, in Firefox, it's not).

https://share.cleanshot.com/Tqk5KNX6

• Big_D
    Big_D
    Community Member
    Options

1Pwd support suggested that I reinstall the 1Password browser extension (i.e. remove extension, restart Firefox, install 1Password extension anew).
    First impressions are that this has resolved my problem.

• Thanks for the response, @Big_D, I'm happy reinstalling 1Password in the browser helped!

@coil_of_wire, thanks for letting us know you were sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com. It sounds like you may be experiencing something different with Firefox and this 5-10 second delay. If you have you received a support ID for your message could you please post it here so the team can look further in to this, if they have not already replied.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

This discussion has been closed.