Bug: 1Password shows name of old iPhone after using Quick Start transfer to new iPhone

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Families

After many years I finally bought a new iPhone and transferred the configuration of my old iPhone X to my new iPhone 15 Pro using Quick Start.

Once done, 1Password listed that new iPhone as "iPhone X" (which I kind of understand because I used Quick Transfer). However, after deauthorising and authorising again, the new iPhone is still identified as "iPhone X", instead of "iPhone 15 Pro" (the name I use) or "iPhone16,1" (the model).

How can I get the correct name for this phone, to prevent confusion?

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2023
    Options

@XIII

iOS 16+ doesn't report the device name in the same way as previous versions and will only report a generic device name. We're looking at ways to improve how these devices are listed in a future update. At present the only change you might see would be from iPhone X to iPhone

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

"iPhone" (generic word) or "iPhone16,1" (model) would both be better than "iPhone X" (name of old iPhone) in this case...

Please:

1. Temporarily fix the bug: don't show the name of an old device
    2. Apply for the com.apple.developer.device-information.user-assigned-device-name capability
    3. Or even better: allow users to edit the name of a devices (as used in 1Password)
  • @XIII

Noted on the teams behalf.

I personally hope we'll be able to do either of those. In my world both would be most excellent. I am also a person who likes my devices named just so. I've let the team know your thoughts on this. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.