1Password Quicksearch and Autofill Not Working in Safari

Options

Recently, 1PW for Safari fails to autofill. I have to press command-/ to get it to work.

Seems 1PW is getting worse sice version 8. Rarely had these kinds of problems in 7.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: 14.0
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @lysander,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. I'd like to dig deeper into the issue you're experiencing with 1Password for Safari.

I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you.

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

I am now running beta version 2.16.1 and it works.

When will the scrolling issue in the Safari browser extension be fixed. I cannot scroll beyond the visible items.

Also, will you ever allow resizing the extesion window like in version 7?

• kevin.li
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi @lysander,

Our devs are aware of the scrolling issue and are working on the fix. However, I cannot provide the exact date of the fix and I'm sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

In the meantime, you should find that searching for an item still works as expected, as does using the arrow keys (although the list doesn't move). Similarly, the 1Password extension in other browsers will scroll normally, so that may serve as a workaround for the time being.

I also submitted a feature request on your behalf to have to ability to resize the extension window in Safari. Thanks for your valuable feedback to help us improve 1Password.

ref: dev/core/core#23994

ref: https://1password.productboard.com/insights/notes/view/1227-all-notes/notes/36169054

This discussion has been closed.