Usability of the Recently deleted passwords modal window

Options
finwe
finwe
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I recently had to use the Recently deleted passwords functionality and I can say the workflow could use a few improvements:

1) The window is closed after each action, restoration of the password in my case. I then have to open it again and find where I was to restore more items

2) Long item names are shortened without the option to see the full version eg. in a popup, which makes it hard to find the right item when the items have the same pefix

3) The user icons for shortened items are distorted by the css ellipsis of the previous text

I hope you find time to make these issues disappear, thanks

1Password Version: n/a
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: n/a
Browser: Firefox 113+

Comments

• Hello @finwe! 👋

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed it along to the team. Have you tried using the 1Password app on the desktop to restore or permanently delete items? It'll work like you're expecting things to:

1. Open and unlock the desktop app.
    2. Scroll down and click on Recently Deleted in the sidebar.

You'll be able to see the last 30 days of deleted items in the app. I hope that helps!

-Dave

ref: PB-36168033

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, I haven't, because I didn't know this was possible and I didn't have the app available at that time. Will try that next time I have the opportunity. Thanks.

• @finwe

Thanks again for the feedback about the website interface. Let me know if you run into any issues with the app, if you haven't already then you can download the app here.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.