[Feature Request] Password Suggestions based on precompiled dictionaries

Options
JK905
JK905
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Business and Teams

Working for a School Board I have many young students who cannot remember complex passwords. I'd like to be able to generate, save and distribute 'easy to remember' passwords that use a combination of simple phonetic words, numbers and symbols (i.e. 37fuzzybluebananas!). I'd need to generate passwords by the hundreds, so I'd like a prebuilt dictionary of words that could be randomized as well as the numbers and symbols , maintaining the order of ## adjective adjective noun symbol.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @JK905,

This is an excellent use case that you've shared. Right now, you can use 1Password in the browser and the desktop and mobile apps to generate memorable passwords and include numbers or symbols as separators.

That said, there isn't currently a way to include your own dictionary rules with simple phonetic words. The current password wordlist cannot be altered individually, so the passwords you generate would include more complex words. I'd be happy to share this internally as a feature request, as I can certainly see a lot of benefit. Let me know if you have any additional details to share.

This discussion has been closed.