1Password Safari Behaviour

Options

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or a new feature. The issue is listed below.
Open up Safari, click the 1Password Extension, select the entry you would like to edit, select the 3 dots and then edit.

What this does is then open up the 1Password App to edit what you need, instead of being able to edit what you need in the extension.

Why has this changed?

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS 14.0
Browser: Safari

Comments

• @wrwatk

You have the 1Password desktop application installed. If it's installed you'll edit using the application. If not, then you'll be taken to 1Password.com for the edit.

• wrwatk
    wrwatk
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Thanks for the response, but that seems counter intuitive as when I click edit, I don't want a second window etc to open for the edit. Just makes things very messy & a pain to manage.

• Hi @wrwatk,

Thanks for sharing that feedback! As Tommy mentioned, while using 1Password on your desktop computer, items can only be edited using the 1Password desktop app or 1Password.com at this time. Having said that, I've submitted a feature request for the ability to edit within the extension pop-up itself to our Product team for further consideration.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

PB36169602

• wrwatk
    wrwatk
    Community Member
    Options

@david.m_1P Thank you for the response. One thing that would be useful is when selecting edit from the browser extension, that particular entry is then selected in the desktop app. Currently when you select edit, the desktop application will open and then you have to search for the item you want/need to edit. Cheers

• @wrwatk

Apologies, that is a bug that the team is working on resolving.

This discussion has been closed.