Is there a way to share passwords between multiple logins?

Options
xcom923
xcom923
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I often log in to different systems using different username formats, but the same password. I can't change the login systems to accept a unified format, so I need a way to reference the same password in 1Password across multiple logins. This will ensure that when I update the password in one location, the password for all the other login locations will also get updated. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @xcom923,

I'm sorry that we don't support the feature of what you are looking for. I do have a workaround for your consideration:

• We can create a password item to store the password (only) and all related websites there (I am using fill.dev and facebook.com as the examples here):

• Create individual login items for all websites, and only store the username and website URL there:

Then, on the websites, we can use the corresponding login item and the password item to autofill the login info. However, we will need to click twice and here is the demo GIF:

The other workaround I could think of that only requires one login item depends on the website structure. For example, if all of your websites have different username HTML attributes, we can use the custom fields to achieve what you are looking for.

If you are interested, we can dig further on that route.

This discussion has been closed.