I want to copy all the items in my personal vault to a family member

Options
etiverp
etiverp
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Families

Hi - I want to copy all of my items in my personal vault to someone in my family account. I don't see my vaults listed in the sidebar somehow. Also, if I drag all the items over tio a shared vault I have created, will this delete them from my personal vault? I guess that's OK, I'm sharing all this with a family member who needs access to all my passwords...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @etiverp

We would suggest moving all of the items, not copying. A copy is an exact duplicate and if the duplicate was updated the original would not be. This can cause data fragmentation and trouble access sites comes to mind. By moving there is only one copy and either party can update it as needed.

• Moving would indeed remove the entires from your personal vault. You can also elect to selectively move the items the other individual needs access to.

You might also consider creating a specific vault for sharing with this person. It sounds like you are talking about putting them in a shared vault and possibly the default shared vault in a family. Items in that vault are fully accessible by all family members.

Create and share vaults

Move and copy items

• etiverp
    etiverp
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Yes I meant move. but, HOW? I don't know how to achieve this as I do not see the vaults in the sidebar

• etiverp
    etiverp
    Community Member
    Options

I assume I am supposed to drag them over. I have a macbook pro big sur on Chrome

• @etiverp

Are your vaults in the sidebar collapsed? Can you clarify you have 1Password 8 for Mac installed or are you using just the browser?

This discussion has been closed.