To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Still being asked for old password with 1Password 7

Options
ErikdeRooij
ErikdeRooij
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Memberships

yesterday I changed my master password to enter 1password.
This worked easy.
BUT
as I use multiple computers and devices the password has not been changed on all my devices.
It seems to be related to version 7 (still old password) and version 8 (new password)
What I think is strange because all my passwords are synced in both versions.

So my question is: How to solve the above problem?

And my second questoon is how to upgrade all my devices to password8? Is there and easy way?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @ErikdeRooij! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not being prompted for your new password on all of your devices. With the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password 7 is no longer supported. I strongly encourage you to update to 1Password 8 everywhere: Upgrade to 1Password 8

Regarding the old password, you can sometimes be prompted for a different password in 1Password 7 if you're using an old standalone vault that isn't part of your 1Password account. Do you see any standalone vaults called "Primary" in 1Password 7?

-Dave

• ErikdeRooij
    ErikdeRooij
    Community Member
    Options

yes indeed, I have a primary vault. Not many passwords in it but it exists.

• ErikdeRooij
    ErikdeRooij
    Community Member
    Options

I'm updating to 1password8 but is it normal that it takes already around 45 min?

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

@ErikdeRooij

Thanks for the reply. 45 minutes doesn't sound normal, can you please send a screenshot of what you see on your screen to support+forum@1Password.com

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll route your message to our dedicated migration team so that they can help further.

-Dave

• ErikdeRooij
    ErikdeRooij
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

this is the code: [#DEY-17577-597]

• @ErikdeRooij

The screenshot is with the correct team. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: DEY-17577-597

• ErikdeRooij
    ErikdeRooij
    Community Member
    Options

I believe I have solved it. I have deleted all passwords from my primary (local) Vault and deleted 1Password7.
    After which I re-installed version 8.
    As I only have passwords in the cloud this one did the trick.

thanks for your support.

• You're most welcome. Do you need my colleagues on email support to respond to your query?

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2023
    Options

@ErikdeRooij

Looks like one of them has already done that. If you need continued support please reply to their message.

This discussion has been closed.