Firefox extension always requires password - fingerprint recognition not working

Options
robertworrall
robertworrall
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Each time I get to a login page, I'm prompted to "Press the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar to unlock". When I click on the icon, I'm always required to enter my full password - there's no fingerprint option. Fingerprint recognition IS working for Quick Access, just not for the Extension. Any clues?

1Password Version: 8.10.16047
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: 13.4.1
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hey @robertworrall,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble, it sounds like there might be a communication issue between the 1Password extension and the desktop app.

First, can you check to see if there are any pending updates to Firefox? -> Update your browser.

To confirm that 1Password in your browser is properly integrated, can you confirm the settings for 1Password:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. Under General, make sure “Integrate with 1Password app” is enabled.

If it says "There are problems connecting", trying toggling this option off then on again. Under Security, it should show “Manage security settings in the 1Password app”.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

-Evon

• robertworrall
    robertworrall
    Community Member
    Options

My browser is properly updated. "Integrate with 1Password app" is enabled, but it does say 'Problem Connecting'. I tried toggling it off, made sure the App was unlocked, then toggled it back on. Same issue persists. The extension still requires my full password each time.

• Thanks for the additional information.

We will need to dig a little further to see why the extension is having issues connecting with the app.

I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you.

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further, @robertworrall

-Evon

This discussion has been closed.