watchtower alarms me of breach (64 signs random) but haveibeenpwned.com says no?

Options
eingfoan
eingfoan
Community Member

dear all,

sometimes WT alarms me of breaches where I can not really say why it does that?
ANYONE A CLUE?

Does wt have a broader base than HIBP? (in terms of data?)

c

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2023
    Options

@eingfoan

We use HIBP. Most times when folks report this they've seen a notification on their device and often this comes from the device keychain. For example a password which may be old stored in the device perhaps before moving to 1Password. I'd start by checking there. I saw that same typo of message yesterday on my sons device. I can assure you I keep a close eye on his 1Password via Watchtower. His message came from the iOS keychain.

It could be your email was associated with a breach or something of that nature.

1Password Watchtower

Please let us know more. If you'd feel better discussing this in private you can also email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• eingfoan
    eingfoan
    Community Member
    Options

Since this is not very confidential… ok here

Please also note the address (email) that reported it was also random generated.
    I reset the password now (but still have similar issues with other accounts that are even less confidential)

Hibp reports both accounts and password as not breached

And this is directly coming from WT as I review WT only (have turned of keychain… for many reasons)

• If you're still seeing Watchtower notifications even after rotating the credentials listed as weak or breached, then I'd definitely say that's not expected behavior.

As Tommy mentioned above, I would definitely send us an email at support+forum@1password.com using the email address tied to the account in question.

This discussion has been closed.