How can I use the Chrome extension for different members of the family account?

Options
stoffeltotof
stoffeltotof
Community Member

I have the desktop app installed linked to the admin user of the family account. My wife and myself we use the same Windows laptop with same Windows account. How can we use the Chrome extension to access my vaults and he vaults of my wife? I tried to create a seperate Chrome profile for my wife and add the extension in that profile but it works only with my password not hers

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @stoffeltotof

It sounds as if you signed into your account. Are both of you set up as individuals within the family group? Make sure you've signed into her account using her Secret Key. Can you clarify if you have the Windows desktop client for 1Password installed?

• stoffeltotof
    stoffeltotof
    Community Member
    Options

Wat do you mean nu 'both setup as individuals'? I see that I have the family account and I log in with the associated email and password. I see also that my wife and myself are indicated as individuals and for myself the same email is mentioned as for the family account.

• stoffeltotof
    stoffeltotof
    Community Member
    Options

I have indeed the windows desktop app installed

• Wat do you mean nu 'both setup as individuals'?

Are you sharing your account fully with her or does she have her own passkey and password?

I see also that my wife and myself are indicated as individuals and for myself the same email is mentioned as for the family account.

How many accounts do you have? Is it just the one? If so, you are the family organizer she would be a participant in the family.

I have indeed the windows desktop app installed

The confusion is the Chrome extension links with the desktop application. You'll need to disable the integration in her Chrome profile. Other wise the Chrome extension will pick up your account details.

For her Chrome profile:

1. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.

--

The best suggestion and for the optimal experience is to use separate user accounts.

Add or remove accounts on your PC - Microsoft Support

This discussion has been closed.