Logging into multiple accounts more easily?

Options
ryanbickett
ryanbickett
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have two 1Password accounts I use on a daily basis on the same machine - one for work, one for personal use. I would like for there to be a faster way to log in to each account as needed.

If I'm already logged into one account but need to log into the other, I currently have to do this:

1) click the extension icon in the browser toolbar
2) click the "all accounts" icon in the upper left of the popup
3) click "All vaults" for the account I need to log into
4) enter the login credentials

It would be nice if I could get to the 1Password login prompt in a single click even when I'm already logged into the other account, as I have to do this at least a couple times every day. Or in general, if it could handle multiple accounts a bit more elegantly. Currently, the UI sort of assumes that whichever account I'm logged into must be the correct one, and I have to go out of my way to log into the other one.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome, Firefox

Comments

• Hello @Ryanbickett,

Thanks for your message. It looks like you are using the 1Password for Windows client app on your device. You can sign in to multiple accounts within the app. Then, with app integration enabled, you'll be able to see each of your two accounts in the browser extension:

If app integration is disabled, you can follow the steps below to enable this setting:
    1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    1. Under the General tab, enable Integrate with 1Password app as needed.

Let us know if this workflow better suits your needs. If you need further assistance, we'll be here to help!

• ryanbickett
    ryanbickett
    Community Member
    Options

Hi mike, thanks for the reply. I already have "Integrate with 1Password app" enabled. I think it comes down to this line in that "How to use multiple accounts" page:

If you need to use a different passwords for your accounts, you can still unlock each account separately in the 1Password apps and browser extension.

My 2nd account is for work, so for good security practice I need to use a different password there. What I meant to describe in my original post is that the steps to go about unlocking the accounts separately is buried in too many menus. If you're already logged into one account, it takes too many clicks to access the password field to log into the other one.

• Hi @ryanbickett ,

Thanks for your reply and sharing this additional context. I can certainly appreciate the value in having easy access to functions you use frequently and have shared your feedback here internally for additional consideration.

While I recognize the reflex to avoid using the same password for anything, your 1Password accounts are still protected by their Secret Keys so it is safe to use the same account password for both. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

ref: PB-36213388

This discussion has been closed.