Can't scroll left column in Safari extension ?

Options

When trying to scroll the left panel in the extension popup (eg. Favorites or All Items) the scroll keeps jumping back to the top.

1Password Version: 8.10.15 (81015001)
Extension Version: 2.15.0
OS Version: macos 13.5.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey @elij,

I'm sorry for the trouble, you're right there seems to be a bug with scrolling in the latest update that is specific to Safari. Our development team are aware of this issue and I have added you as an affected user.

Whilst we work on a fix, I suggest either searching for the item you are after instead of scrolling, using 1Password in an alternative browser or you can install the beta version of 1Password in Safari where things work as expected. Here's how: Use 1Password beta releases.

Let us know if you have any questions!

ref: dev/core/core#23994

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Same issue.

ALSO: when will you fix the extension window so that it can be resizable?

• rggrassi
    rggrassi
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue...

• @rggrassi

Noted thank you.

• @lysander

I'll mention your desire to see improvement to the team.

• Paul2
    Paul2
    Community Member
    Options

Add another affected user to the list

• forrests
    forrests
    Community Member
    Options

Still same issue on 9/18/2023

• forrests
    forrests
    Community Member
    Options

This still happens with version Extension 2.15.1
    1Password for Mac 8.10.16

81016047, on PRODUCTION channel

MacOS 12.6.9

• I'm sorry for the disruption @forrests, @Paul2,

I have added you as affected users to the internal issue.

• andycap
    andycap
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue(s).

• Sorry for the disruption @andycap, I hope one of the workarounds above can help in the meantime.

I've added you to the issue.

• daylight54
    daylight54
    Community Member
    Options

Add another user

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thanks for the report @daylight54 I've add it to our tracker.

• forrests
    forrests
    Community Member
    Options

Just updated to MacOS 12.7, Safari 16.6.1, and using 1Password extension 2.15.1 still. The scroll of the items in the window still doesn't work. Just an interim report.

• @forrests

Thank you for the report. The issue is still open and under investigation on our end. We'll update this thread when a fix is rolled out or if more information is needed. 🙂

-Dave

• andycap
    andycap
    Community Member
    Options

I don't want to seem impatient but I think a fix for this issue needs a little more priority than the suggestions posted above. For me the inability to scroll makes the Safari extension unusable. Yes, doing a search in the extension works but that surely defeats its purpose. Yes, opening and filling from the app itself also works. I'm not a big fan of betas and I'm not going to try installing one to see if that works!

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

If this issue is fixed in 2.16 beta, the devs must know how to fix it; so help me understand why it is "still open and under investigation"? Why not release a fix to 2.15.x? What's the delay? Are you guys just biding time until 2.16 moves out of beta?

BTW add myself and my wife to the issue list

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue for me.

• All proposed fixes proceed through the beta phase before being released. Hang in there. Hopefully, you'll not need to wait much longer. The beta is the best option if you prefer not to wait.

Thanks folks, I've added your reports.

• andycap
    andycap
    Community Member
    Options

Well done chaps. The scrolling issue is fixed in the latest 1Password for Safari update. And thank heavens for that as the extension was for me basically unusable and had me contemplating whether to stick with the app.

• I'm glad to hear things headed in the right direction.

This discussion has been closed.