Issues with 1Password on macOS Sonoma

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Does 1password work in macOS Sonoma.

Comments

• seattlepass
    seattlepass
    Community Member
    Options

1Password is working very poorly for me on my Mac running Sonoma. Same versions as the original poster, with a M1 Pro MacBook Pro.

One issue is that it continually asks me to enter my 1Password master password (saying it's required every two weeks, but this is happening daily or more often).

Another problem is that when I tap on the "Use 1Password" button in a text field in a form on a web page and the unlock with Touch ID dialog appears (i.e. the the "enter master password" dialog doesn't intercede in this instance), the dialog is not activated, which locks up the UI. It took me a while to figure out that I needed to click on it to activate it, and then Touch ID would work.

Sometimes 1Password buttons do not appear in username/password text fields.

I got in the habit of using the keyboard shortcut while in other apps to bring up the interface that lets you type a few characters for the web site you want to go to, select the site and have 1Password go to the site and enter your credentials. This seldom works properly in Sonoma. It sometimes fails to bring up the UI when I use the keyboard shortcut. When it does appear and I select the web site I want to navigate to, it usually succeeds at going to that page in Safari, but then fails to enter credentials.

Another oddity that I think started in the previous OS (Ventura?) is that using the shortcut when using Touch ID to authenticate, the UI appears briefly and then disappears almost immediately, requiring using the shortcut one more time to be able to select the web site I want to go to.

• Ryan Parman
    Ryan Parman
    Community Member
    Options

This sounds like the 1Password browser extension.

• Hi @seattlepass ,

That does not sound like expected behaviour at all.

I'd like to ask you to get in touch with our team via email so that we can take a closer look at what may be happening here. Could you create a diagnostics report, a console log from your browser, and a screen recording if helpful.

Attach them to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/697342/#Comment_697342
    • Your forum username: seattlepass

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

• seattlepass
    seattlepass
    Community Member
    Options

After posting my comments I researched further and found the suggestion to change Safari's Auto-fill settings. (https://1password.community/discussion/142606/1password-for-safari-isnt-working-reliably-on-macos-sonoma) Having done so, most of these problems seem to have been solved. (Even the repeated requests for my master password in the 1Password app. Odd, but I'll take it.)

I still experience occasional issues, but nothing consistently enough to feel like something I could provide a set of steps for reproducing reliably. If I notice a continuing pattern I'll send the requested info.

• Sounds good @seattlepass Let us know if you need anything.

• seattlepass
    seattlepass
    Community Member
    Options

I reported the problem with the Quick Access UI appearing and immediately disappearing. The case number is ZCC-24816-662.

• @seattlepass

Thanks for posting the Support ID, one of my colleagues will send you another reply via email as soon as possible. Please continue the conversation there. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: ZCC-24816-662

This discussion has been closed.